DIB ISAC offers Corporate Emergency Response Training And Preparedness (CERTAP) training that is limited to DIB ISAC members. This training expands on the training offered in the CERT and ERAP classes, but is custom tailored to the corporate member needs. CERTAP consists of 6 modules that can be taught independently of each other, or in sets. Though Similar to ERAP, the modules are workplace focused. The 2 hour modules are as follows:
Module 1 – Incident Command, Structured response to All Hazard Events
- Participants will learn the basics of the National Incident Command System and how it can apply to corporate response strategies. Participants will also learn how the local response agencies function with in a Joint Incident Command and how corporate management can support that response.
Module 2 – Fire and Hazards, Shelter in Place, Evacuation, Risk Management
- Participants will learn how to develop and implement effective response to hazards, effective Shelter in Place strategies, Evacuation planning, and Pre Fire planning
Module 3 – Medical Emergencies, What to do before help arrives.
- Participants will learn how to do basic assessment and triage. Course will be taught by licensed Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) and will teach basic medical response methods and Hands only CPR.
Module 4 – 24 hour Preparedness, How to prepare for unexpected events at work and at home
- Participants will learn how to prepare for extend emergency stays in the workplace.
Module 5 – Workplace Violence
- Participants will learn the principles of Run, Hide, Fight. Class will be taught by Law Enforcement professionals where available. Module 6 – Security in an Emergency Event Participants will learn how to implement security measure in an emergency event compliant with corporate policies. This class will involve a functional exercise.